The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are


You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Popular Pokémon: And the Results Are In!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pokéfreak

avatar
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero
Good evening everybody. As many of you may have already heard, The Pokémon Company held a "Pokémon Popularity Contest" recently, allowing fans of the series to vote for their favorite Pokémon of all time. The results have come in just recently, so why not take a look at them now? Here are the 5 most popular Pokémon of all time:

Number Five
Mew



PF's thoughts: Good to see the original Secret Pokémon is still loved by many ^_^

Number Four
Pikachu



PF's thoughts: While I personally am not a fan of Pikachu, I am quite surprised to see it this low on the ranks.

Number Three
Deoxys



PF's thoughts: This is where it starts to become obvious that the Pokémon's popularity levels are heavily based on their battle potential.

Number Two
Darkrai



PF's thoughts: Go Darkrai? I dunno o3o

And finally, the most popular Pokémon of all time IS....




Arceus



PF's thoughts: Not really a surprise, considering the fact that Arceus is Arceus.


Well, there ya have it folks. Arceus has been voted the Most Popular Pokémon of All Time and will be distributed to Japanese Players of Pokémon Black and White versions from now until January 31st through the Dream World. This Arceus does not have a special ability and is at level 100.

~Credits~

Information sourced from:

Kotaku
Serebii


_________________
It's really annoying being the only real gamer in my entire grade.

Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Space, Mass Effect
Watching: Beauty and the Beast, Glee, Arrested Development, Whatever anime I can find
Reading: Max Broox's works, The Necromancer
Listening to: Blue October, Wilco, Elbow, Tripod

You can also check out what I'm doing at my twitter, here

Baby Showers

avatar
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector
I'd think that Jigglypuff is one.
:/ You can ask everyone out there, even haters... they know what Jigglypuff is.


_________________
Spoiler:
http://www.chibishowers.piczo.com

Goldenrod

avatar
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
ARGH! NOT ARCEUS! *whackwhackwhack*


_________________



http://goldenrodcity6.webs.com

NeonNick

avatar
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
WHY ARCEUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Nuuuu~~~

Jojo-Kunn

avatar
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend
Life. Ruined.


_________________


I Won't Tell You That I Love You,
Kiss Or Hug You,
Cause I'm Bluffin' With My Muffin,
I'm Not Lying, I'm Just Stunnin' With My Love Glue Gunnin'.

StudioGhibli

avatar
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer
i did the event and got it on my dsi it doesn't have the same moves as the japanese tru arecus which kinda makes me mad but what ever

Clover

avatar
Admin
Admin
I thought it would be pikachu...o3o;;;;Deoxys are pwn but i dont know about top 5....

http://www.sweetcharm.net

Blaze

avatar
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor
ugh, FAIL >_> they were based on their legends status, and Pikachu HAD to be on it :/

Blaziken or Flygon or even Magikart deserve it better than almost all of those 5 pokemon >_>


_________________
http://www.thepokemonmansion.net78.net

5P33D5

avatar
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Yeah, the arceus is being distributed via Dream World, nothing different... lvl 100, normal moves can be caught with a single pokeball....


_________________



Click on Giratina to see my profile!

griffinheart

avatar
Admin
Admin
But I hate arceus... o.O


_________________
http://guardeddreams.site40.net

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

avatar
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend
omgfail, arceus is the worst, it's must been unpopular kid's job <_<


_________________


アナタといられる それだけで
ワタシの世界、広がるの
まるで天使の羽根みたいに
ワタシのココロ、はばたくの?

Paradox

avatar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master
@Pokéfreak wrote:
PF's thoughts: While I personally am not a fan of Pikachu, I am quite surprised to see it this low on the ranks.

4th out of 493 is low in ranks? Huh, you're weird. <__<


_________________
http://www.skorgro.com/

Pokéfreak

avatar
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero
@Paradox wrote:
@Pokéfreak wrote:
PF's thoughts: While I personally am not a fan of Pikachu, I am quite surprised to see it this low on the ranks.

4th out of 493 is low in ranks? Huh, you're weird. <__<

Considering the fact that Pikachu is the mascot of the series, I was expecting it to be 1st ._.


_________________
It's really annoying being the only real gamer in my entire grade.

Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Space, Mass Effect
Watching: Beauty and the Beast, Glee, Arrested Development, Whatever anime I can find
Reading: Max Broox's works, The Necromancer
Listening to: Blue October, Wilco, Elbow, Tripod

You can also check out what I'm doing at my twitter, here

Jojo-Kunn

avatar
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend
I agree with PF. I am surprised as well. ~


_________________


I Won't Tell You That I Love You,
Kiss Or Hug You,
Cause I'm Bluffin' With My Muffin,
I'm Not Lying, I'm Just Stunnin' With My Love Glue Gunnin'.

Paradox

avatar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master
@Pokéfreak wrote:
@Paradox wrote:
@Pokéfreak wrote:
PF's thoughts: While I personally am not a fan of Pikachu, I am quite surprised to see it this low on the ranks.

4th out of 493 is low in ranks? Huh, you're weird. <__<

Considering the fact that Pikachu is the mascot of the series, I was expecting it to be 1st ._.

That doesn't explain why you think a person or thing in 4th out of 493 other participants is low on the ranks. Expecting 1st to it becoming 4th isn't a big deal, it's still in the top 5, and considering that it's the only non-legendary there, that's also big points.

Also, let's go into the minds of kids. They're thinking about whichever one is the strongest and that's the one that they like while there's other kids who choose Pikachu because it's their favorite Pokemon. Stronger Pokemon will always beat weaker Pokemon in terms of popularity. If you asked a kid if he would rather have an Arceus or Eevee in his main team, the kid will most likely say Arceus since it's stronger.


_________________
http://www.skorgro.com/

Guest

avatar
Guest
pika pika *whimper*
*stabs arceus with knife while whimpering pika pika*



Last edited by Dern_Cattle on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled pika lolz)

Pokéfreak

avatar
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero
@Paradox wrote:
@Pokéfreak wrote:
@Paradox wrote:
@Pokéfreak wrote:
PF's thoughts: While I personally am not a fan of Pikachu, I am quite surprised to see it this low on the ranks.

4th out of 493 is low in ranks? Huh, you're weird. <__<

Considering the fact that Pikachu is the mascot of the series, I was expecting it to be 1st ._.

That doesn't explain why you think a person or thing in 4th out of 493 other participants is low on the ranks. Expecting 1st to it becoming 4th isn't a big deal, it's still in the top 5, and considering that it's the only non-legendary there, that's also big points.

Also, let's go into the minds of kids. They're thinking about whichever one is the strongest and that's the one that they like while there's other kids who choose Pikachu because it's their favorite Pokemon. Stronger Pokemon will always beat weaker Pokemon in terms of popularity. If you asked a kid if he would rather have an Arceus or Eevee in his main team, the kid will most likely say Arceus since it's stronger.

Hey bro? I don't battle. I don't give a squirtle about stats. I fully, 100% expected Pikachu to get First Place. I was very surprised to see it not get first place. Compared to my expectations (100% First), fourth place is low on the ranks. I didn't think there was even a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance it wouldn't be in the top 3. Now shut up and stop arguing about whether opinions are right or wrong.

And if it's possible for threads outside of the art section, I would like to request a lock on this thread if there is any further arguing.


_________________
It's really annoying being the only real gamer in my entire grade.

Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Space, Mass Effect
Watching: Beauty and the Beast, Glee, Arrested Development, Whatever anime I can find
Reading: Max Broox's works, The Necromancer
Listening to: Blue October, Wilco, Elbow, Tripod

You can also check out what I'm doing at my twitter, here

Paradox

avatar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master
@Pokéfreak wrote:
@Paradox wrote:
@Pokéfreak wrote:
@Paradox wrote:
@Pokéfreak wrote:
PF's thoughts: While I personally am not a fan of Pikachu, I am quite surprised to see it this low on the ranks.

4th out of 493 is low in ranks? Huh, you're weird. <__<

Considering the fact that Pikachu is the mascot of the series, I was expecting it to be 1st ._.

That doesn't explain why you think a person or thing in 4th out of 493 other participants is low on the ranks. Expecting 1st to it becoming 4th isn't a big deal, it's still in the top 5, and considering that it's the only non-legendary there, that's also big points.

Also, let's go into the minds of kids. They're thinking about whichever one is the strongest and that's the one that they like while there's other kids who choose Pikachu because it's their favorite Pokemon. Stronger Pokemon will always beat weaker Pokemon in terms of popularity. If you asked a kid if he would rather have an Arceus or Eevee in his main team, the kid will most likely say Arceus since it's stronger.

Hey bro? I don't battle. I don't give a squirtle about stats. I fully, 100% expected Pikachu to get First Place. I was very surprised to see it not get first place. Compared to my expectations (100% First), fourth place is low on the ranks. I didn't think there was even a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance it wouldn't be in the top 3. Now shut up and stop arguing about whether opinions are right or wrong.

And if it's possible for threads outside of the art section, I would like to request a lock on this thread if there is any further arguing.

I didn't say you battled at all, you're just overreacting and reading what I say wrong. Seriously, where the heck did you see that? Why the heck would you pull something out of your noggin and try to use that against me? Also, whether or not you care about stats, little kids do. As I stated, they sure as heck would prefer a Legendary over something like Bidoof.

Also, if you expected 100% that Pikachu was going to be first when it actually has about .2% chance base to be first with this percentage being shared among every Pokemon. You're seriously retarded for thinking that 4th place is low.


_________________
http://www.skorgro.com/

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum