The Dream League Forum
In order to post in/view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please login =D
This is the original birthplace of Dream League. As it seems that the new forums are not as active as hoped. I will do my best to restart operations here. -DX

You are not connected. Please login or register

My computer:/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1--- My computer:/ on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 pm

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop. My desktop won't work. When I turn it on, a black screen appears and asked me if I wanna start windows normally or launh start up repair, but no matter whih i choose it just goes back to the same screen.
I was just on the computer last night and it worked fine.

Anyone know what the problem is? I'd tell my mom but I want to avoid that before I knwo for sure:/

2--- Re: My computer:/ on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 pm

[DX] Dracario

Admin
Admin
Ok Barry, DX is here to help.

I had this similar issue on one of the laptops over here. Run through these troubleshooting steps to help me understand what the problem is.

First of all see if you can into Safe Mode. To do this when you boot up your system press F8 to bring up the menu for the Safe Mode options. Pick the first one and see if it takes you to a login screen. Make sure if it does take you there to log into an administrative account.

Once you log in open up the DOS system. This is also known as "Command Prompt". You can find this by typing "cmd" into your search area if your have Windows Vista or Windows 7. If using XP click on Run and type cmd into the Run window.

In the Command Prompt box type "sfc/scannow" without the quotes to do an integrity scan. If the system is not overly corrupt it will scan your Windows system for errors and attempt to repair it.

Do these steps first. If they don't work for you, please specify what doesn't work for you.
If this fails try the following:

If can load system in Safe Mode:

Open System Restore and turn your computer back to earlier Restore point. Depending on your computers activity, I have seen it able to turn your computer up to a month back in time. Restore it to a date before you had any issues. Once you start this process you can not reverse it, so any programs you had installed since that restore point may no longer be on your system. Your Music, Documents, Downloads, and Pictures will remain the same.

If unable to load in Safe Mode:

See if you can choose the startup repair option and boot the system with that. It should pull up a list of tools used for Windows Recovery. Choose the option to restore from a System Image. If there is no Image listed you won't be able to use this option.

Worst Case Scenario:

Reinstall the OS under clean install. If your computer is equipped with it you can press F11 or F12 to bring up the factory defaults menu and turn your computer back to the day it was first booted up.
The bad side to this is it will delete all your data and you'll have to re-setup Windows.

If you could please give me the following specifications so I may help you better.

Brand of Computer:
Model of Computer:
Operating System:
Have Factory Disc?:

Hope this helps you Barry please let me know. What has happened here is more than likely your operating system has a corruption prevented it from being able to boot into Windows properly. I ended up having to do a clean install on the machine I had the issue on because the OS was corrupted so bad there was no way to recover it. This usually happens when you catch a real nasty trojan.

Let me know how it goes,

Richard B. Williams (DXRenagade)

3--- Re: My computer:/ on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:25 pm

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
Worst Case Scenario:

Reinstall the OS under clean install. If your computer is equipped with it you can press F11 or F12 to bring up the factory defaults menu and turn your computer back to the day it was first booted up.
The bad side to this is it will delete all your data and you'll have to re-setup Windows.

How do I do this? Nothing esle worked. when I press f12 just two options come up and idk what to click.

Brand of Computer:Acer
Model of Computer: acer power 2000 ( i think thats it)
Operating System: windows vista
Have Factory Disc?: no:/

Thanks alot DX...:/

btw: i tried F11 as well and it didnt do anything. im sorry....

4--- Re: My computer:/ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:44 am

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
how do I go to start up repair??
I tried f11 like i already said and f12 and it didnt do anything.
and can my ocmputer possibly work again if that fails? x-x i dont wana loose it. give me the news straight up doctor!

5--- Re: My computer:/ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:24 pm

[DX] Dracario

Admin
Admin
Hold alt + tap F10 when you bootup and see if that pulls anything up. Also do you have anything important on that computer?

6--- Re: My computer:/ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:34 pm

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
It's working now, or i think its goin back into windows, i did somthen lol before it wouldnt do that. its acting like ive never used the computer before, like it wants me to set up an account so i guess im good?

I think ill loose everything though

I wrote a book earlier this year, 67,000 words..( alot of work x-x).im going to be pretty upset about loosing it but ill get over it, other than that no, I never kept anything.

7--- Re: My computer:/ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:58 pm

[DX] Dracario

Admin
Admin
Yes thats why I asked you if you had anything important on it before you did it. It will set up your computer as if you had first bought it. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted.......... It may be a good idea to keep a backup of your files on a external hard drive in the future in case something like this happens again.

8--- Re: My computer:/ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 pm

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
its fine Dx i coulg hug your ight now, thank you so much for your help.
Your a great person!!!
your the only one that tookt he time to help me
I can always re-write it, I have all the original plans and outline.

9--- Re: My computer:/ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:03 pm

[DX] Dracario

Admin
Admin
Your very welcome! Let me know if you need anything else!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum