The Dream League Forum
In order to post in/view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please login =D
This is the original birthplace of Dream League. As it seems that the new forums are not as active as hoped. I will do my best to restart operations here. -DX

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to make an xat Avatar using photoshop cs3 ( will work with cs4 to)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Introduction

I just learned how to do this myself and I thought about how easy it was and that everyone should know. It's alot more simple then I thought, so I help this little guide helps everyone who wants one ^^

If you notice any errors let me know, I was maken an avatar myself as I did this.

----------------------

Time to start

1. Go to " File" and then "new" and a screen like the one that's below this text should appear. Change the "inches" to "Pixels" and for width and lengthput in 30 for both, then click"OK"

Now Go and find a sprite off the internet, bulbapedia would be a great place because they have all of them including shiny. Once you have that, open it in photoshop like seen below.

you should have two work space windows open now in photoshop,one with the 30 by 30 blank image and one of the sprite!

3. Click the rectagular took below ( the black arrow on the left is pointing to it) and select the sprite image, go to "edit" and than "copy" . Click on the workspace where your 30 by 30 image is and go to"edit"and paste, your sprite should immediatly fit into the 30 by 30 image as an xat avatar as shown below on the right arrow.

Now go to view, and zoom in until the background image of the avatar because big enough to see. Or go to the zoom panel at the top and type in "800"
Now it's time to get rid of the backround.

Right click the eraser icon on the tool bar ( it lookslike a eraser with sissors) and select " Back ground eraser tool" Select the backround and get rid of it. Make sure you select all backround spots, it should have a checkerd pattern once your done. Save and close. When you upload it, the background should still be gone.

6. Copy and past the photo URL into your xat after clicking on your name
------------------------------

I think that's it. If you have any trouble understanding somthing let me know. This SHOULD work on cs3 and cs4 because I have done it on both and did not notice any major diffrences. For this though, I used cs3.

Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section, As I am un sure!

Jojo-Kunn

Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend
That's just the basic steps. You should add text too. And maybe backgrounds. :3

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
Yeah, It is a bit basic, unfortunatly I dont know how to do those things yet ^^ sorry.
If I did I'd add it now.

Clover

Admin
Admin
if you save the image and make it transparent...does it show as transparent in xat? or do you have to do something extra?

http://www.sweetcharm.net

TheBarry<3

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
It will automatically be transparent as long as you dont bring it in to any other editing software. If you leave it alone, it will be transparent. Thanks for clearing that up, incase anyone asked.
Just upload it and copy and past the URL, it be fine =p

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum