The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

OU RMT! Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1--- OU RMT! Help! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 am

This team was constructed a few weeks ago, but looked nothing like it does now, it has gone through a lot of huge changes, my lead is the thing that changes the most, I can never decide if I really want to use a lead for setting up entry hazards or just want another good attacker.

but anyway, here it is:

Infernape
Blaze
Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)
Focus Sash
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-U-Turn
-Fake Out
252 Atk | 252 Spe | 6 HP

Basically my idea was to go with a good attacker with a lot of options over setting up entry hazards, I never really liked the Stealth Rock strategy anyway.
But I use Fake Out first, to take off the other leads Focus Sash, Close Combat Aerodactyl as it Taunts me, almost always gets the KO. Flare Blitz on the leads that resist CC, or U-turn on something that I think I wont be able to handle, also helps me use Infernape as a good late game attacker.

Rotom-H
Levitate
Timid(+Spe, -Atk)
Life Orb
-Thunderbolt
-ShadowBall
-Overheat
-Hidden Power Ground
252 SpAtk | 252 Spe | 6 HP

He used to be more of a tank, but I guess I just like offense more, so I stuck a life orb on him, got rid of will-o-wisp, and let him do work. He takes the Fighting type moves aimed at Tyranitar, which is awesome, and I absolutely love switching him into Gyarados, then using HP ground as it switches to its electric type. Gets jolteon for about 70 %. The same with Scizor, it thinks Overheat, switches to Heatran for the Flash Fire boost, but gets hit with a HP ground. I love that.
I have been thinking about putting a choice item on him, cant decide which one or if its really worth it.

Dragonite
Inner Focus
Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)
Leftovers
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Earthquake
252 HP | 252 Atk | 6 Def

This guy needs work, I should probably change the nature on him, but don't really know what direction to go with. Not until recently has he started to pull his weight. This set has been able to do the best so far, Dragon Dance on something that cant do a lot of damage, then roost off any damage or attack, pretty simple.
I went with leftovers and the HP evs because I also need this guy to take hits for me. Which he does well. But i'm not sure if I want to replace dragonite completely, or just change movesets again :/

Gyarados
Intimidate
Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)
Leftovers
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance
252 Atk | 252 Spe | 6 HP

I love this gyarados, and have swept many teams after a single DD.
I have leftovers because he's going to do enough damage after a dragon dance that Life Orb would just wear him down to much, especially with sandstorm already taking me down after every turn. Sweeper nature and EVs, pretty simple attacker again.

Tyranitar
Sand Stream
Jolly(+Spe, -SpAtk)
Choice Scarf
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Low Kick
252 Atk | 252 Spe | 6 HP

Choice Scarf makes this thing my best attacker. Just recently switched Pursuit for Crunch, Mainly because I really didn't get that boosted priority and power from pursuit enough to make it worth while, also I needed the extra power from Crunch to take out those pesky Gengar before it can Focus Blast me. Low Kick handles other tyranitar, but I am open to suggestions on switching that move.

Ludicolo
Swift Swim
Modest(+SpAtk, -Atk)
Leftovers
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
252 SpAtk | 252 Spe | 6 HP

I just recently changed this guy from a rain dish and Leech seed abusing staller, but I hated that I couldn't do anything against grass types, mainly breloom.
So I went with the swift swim sweeper, and it really does good, rain dance also helps me bring back infernape without taking sandstorm damage that would take out his focus sash, asuming he hasn't been hit before hand and they're aren't any rocks up.

2--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:45 am

Where did you get the pictures of those pokemon? there cute!
I've done some analyzing so now I'll have my input hehe

First of all...your lead. You've got a really good idea behind it. With the fake out. Me and you both agree on the stealthrock thing, I dont care much for it myself. Infernape is weak to psychic moves, which alot of leads have, but its really based on luck id say your lead is good!

Your rotom is fine, it's a sweeper, that its job and it looks okay! but why hidden power ground? lol its not a problem but im just asking. =)

Oh dear....gyarados. I really do not trust this pokemon in battle, mainly because its weak against so many types. It's even more difficult to get a dragon dance in- BUT if you can thats great. Your good to go youll be able to out speed your threats and attack, im just leten you know that its a hazard.

You have my fvaorite dragon pokemon in the world! Tyraitar! I would change it's moveset a little bit though. Ive it left overs and teach it
- crunch
- stone ege
- earth quake
- dragon dance
when tyranitar is sent into battle, it's sp defense immediatly goes up 50% because of sand storm, making it able to take Sp damage, even if there super effective. No matter what, go for a dragon dance first, because tyranitar will probably be able to endure there attak, and next time you'll out speed them! Tyranitar's speed with a jolly nature can reach 364 after just 1 dragon dance.

Dragonite is next....personally I perfer salamence, because it's stronger and faster, and would work better as a sweeper. ( but dragonite's defenses are slightly better) But you seem to know what direction your going in, so its all good. Just remember, if he gets hit with one ice move...just 1 it's all over. he has a 4x weakness to ice.

Ludicolo is absolutly perfect as long as you can get a dragon dance in ( your likely to be bale to) just remember he still has a flying weakness. I would replace grass knot with energy ball but its your choice and will work ether way.

Good job on your team, hehe I just wanted to help, i bet you win lots of wifi battles.

Is that you wanted? I dont wanna be mean at all, ( wasnt trying to be)....sooo yeah xD hehe good luck

3--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:57 am

Thank you!
I would probably use the dragon dance set on tyraitar if I didn't already have 2 dragon dancers on my team, the instant speed is a lot better for getting rid of lucario and infernape where as a dragon dance set wouldn't be able to do anything against them.

And when I was thinking about putting Gyarados on my team, it took a lot of convincing, I didn't like its movepool or weaknesses, but now that its there, its one of my most reliable pokemon and I couldn't live without it.

And HP ground is for heatran, jolteon, or electivire who want to benifit from either thunderbolt or overheat.

4--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 am

Im sorry hun, I never thought of all the dragon dancers you had xD I'm sorry. I know you've already got a fire type on your team but heatran is greta for enduring ice, dark, gost, psychic, all kinds of moves, i've got one of those on my team.

I take back what I said about the dragon dance tyranitar it's all good, I want thinking. You'll be able to out speed alot....it just worries me that you'll be stuck with one move.

Im still funny about gyarados lol.....Im just to scared to use it

5--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 am

I wouldn't really know who to take out for heatran, i've used one before but on a completely different team. :/
but its all good you don't need to apologize for anything Very Happy

6--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:16 am

well okay xD if you ever need any more help let me know.
though im not really the best, I loose a fair amount Razz

7--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:12 am

Paradox

Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master
If you lose Rotom, your team is completely walled by Skarmory. With Brave Bird, it can take out Ludicolo before it Rain Dances and Infernape since Flare Blitz won't be able to KO Skarmory without a critical. Another one that walls you is Swampert if Ludicolo is wiped out. Flygon also can take care of Infernape, Dragonite, Rotom, Gyarados, and Tyranitar if Stealth Rocks is in play. You have a ton of physicals and you're very weak to SkarmBliss. Will-O-Wisp also screws your team, but Infernape is immune to it. Unfortunately, if Dusknoir is using Will-O-Wisp, it'll most likely use Earthquake or 2HKO you with ThunderPunch. Another weakness you have is Thunder Wave and nothing can block Thunder Wave. Toxic on Blissey also beats Ludicolo and Rotom.

Infernape:
I suggest, if you're going to use that set, to change Flare Blitz to Overheat and switch the EVs/Nature to 252 Atk / 64 Sp. Atk / 192 Speed or just 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed with either Lonely or Hasty nature.

Rotom-H
I like using Choice Scarf/Spec on my Rotom, but your also limited, which is bad for it since it seems to support very well. No comments.

Dragonite:
I usually make mine the ClericDancer, but if you like it like that, go ahead and keep it.

Gyarados:
Swampert will easily wall this thing and perhaps Roar it. You could change the set to Bulky since you're also weak to all 3 status effects and all 3 entry hazards.

Tyranitar:
Good Tyranitar. If you're looking to replace Low Kick, you could also choose Superpower since Tyranitar will most likely not stay in there for a while.

Ludicolo:
Flying-type and Poison-type attacks aren't very common in OU play unless one has Brave Bird, so Ludicolo is a good choice to have. Balancing two weathers, however, is kinda hard. Once Ludicolo switches into your Sandstorm weather, it'll take 12.50% from oncoming Stealth Rocks (if there is one) and another 6.25% from Sandstorm, cutting your HP from 100% to roughly 81%.25%. Vaporeon will wall this set, so don't bother taking Barry's suggestion of changing Grass Knot to Energy Ball since the majority of OU pokemon are very heavy.

8--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 am

Cladstn_Vampire

Avid Trainer
Avid Trainer
I'll try to say anything Paradox didn't already say or my person opinions of about sets you are using. You have too many things setting up and not enough to do about things setting up. An actual wall or a cleric would be nice. Nothing besides dragonite can be considered a tank.

Something like Jolteon will be a huge pain since nothing can actually take its hits rather well... Life Orb being the more threating out of Specs and LO. Since Scarftar being the joke it is easily going to be 2HKO from both sets with thunderbolt. Rotom can't switch in either risking a Shadow Ball. Pretty much any sweeper thats fast is a big threat.

http://www.skorgro.com

9--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:44 pm

I think I'll go ahead and change Dragonite to the cleric dancer.
I like gyarados as a sweeper to much to change him.

10--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:00 am

Blank2009

Trainer
Trainer
Infernape-anything with immunity and out speeding Infernape or priority of thier own will make him useless, that's why sash isn't a good item...ever. But Paradox is right in mixing it with overheat so it's not totally walled by a physical wall.

Rotom-H-I think your set is interesting, I'm sure it catches many ppl off guard with the ever common scarf/specs as noted by paradox. I think it's got the bulkiness to make it work, very nice. given it has no real hp/def ev's invested, how does it handle a hit though? If you change it's ev's to something like 74 hp/252sp.atk/184speed., allowing him the extra hit points while outspeeding max speed non scarfed heatran still, enless there was another reason for him having max speed?

Dragonite-I think they're right. If you want dd on him go for ceric I guess. i personally would opt over dd on him and just go for a standard mixnite, but whatever floats your boat.

Gyarados- I think he's fine as a sweeper and your moves are fine, but maybe you want to change Adamant to Jolly? After one DD it should give him the speed needed to outrun max speed Jolteon, along with some slower choice scarf users.

Tyranitar- Your T-tar is fine, without scarf rotom-h however you my want to give him pursuit over crunch as with any scarf user he is mainly for the revenge kill, pursuit stops frailer types from switching out while still having the chance to 2hko.

Ludicolo-I can't say much about him since I've never found him that good/useful. But I think you should change leftovers for life orb since your going to want all the damage you can get off him since he's not that bulky.

I think somewhere a lum berry might be nice just because of brelooms ever growing fan club. All and all I think your team counters each others weaknesses pretty nicely. Idk what you'd switch it with, but I don't think ludicolo is going to work well with him being the only one gaining from rain dance (besides gyarados's waterfall) Cause it will hurt any fire attacks coming from infernape.

Sorry if, That may all prove to be useless or useful. I may have even repeated some of the things said already. Just my thoughts on your team.

If you'd like me to iv breed you something you must pm me.
I like Vileplume, get over it.
Badges=
Tournament Badges=

11--- Re: OU RMT! Help! on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Gyarados is what caught my eye on this team, I run a set that has been working out amazingly for me the past day, it got my ranking on PO up to 178 out of 4000+ people on the server.

Gyarados M @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Also, i think you could make swampert or hippowdon your lead as they has great synergy with gyarados and provides that electric immunity you will likely need. And hey, if you want, pull the classic combo of GyaraJolt, as jolteon is also a very threatening sweeper who is also immune to electric, and infact heals when he gets hit by an electric attack.

Also, Machamp outclasses infernape as an Anti-Lead so if you dont use rocks, I suggest champ.

Anywho, im done.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum