The Dream League Forum
In order to post in/view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please login =D
This is the original birthplace of Dream League. As it seems that the new forums are not as active as hoped. I will do my best to restart operations here. -DX

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon platinum review

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1--- Pokemon platinum review on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Okay Now I know im about two years to late on this game, but thats okay im going to review it anyway.

Well you start out as a rookie trainer, with one pokemon. You will eventually defeat all the gyms in sinnoh, defeat the evil team galactic and become sinnoh league champion.
I love this game for many reasons, if you dont know me, i should point out that my favorite pokemon type is Dragon, and giratina - my favorite dragon- is on the box art! In his origin form!

The game uses the same engine as diamond and pearl, and features many similarities. While this is true, there are ALOT of diffrences between platnum and diamond and pearl. Here is a list of those changes.

- Giratina is now the mascot, the legendary whom you will catch at the end.
- dialga and palkia can be obtained.
- There's 1 rival battle that wasnt in diamond and pearl, you also get your pokemon on route 201 now
- Lucas and Dawn have new outfits to deal with the colder weather
- The poketch has been redesigned, and features a new button that allows back scrolling
- Some moves have new animations
- Back sprites are now animated
- You may not even notice, but alot of the tree's have been redesigned
- All of the elite four rooms, along with a few gyms have been redesigned
- Fantina will now be present in her gym, which means you face the gym leaders in a diffrent order then you did on diamond and pearl
- 6 of the 8 gyms have had team changes, wether its pokemon or levels
- Two new characters, charen and looker
- Team galactics hide outs have changed
- Team galactic now appears at stark mountain
- Most of the towns/cities have new animations, or new things added to the cities. like florama town's gate, or the animated lights in jubilife city
- Amity square has been completly remodled
- New distortion world
- new wifi plaza
- new minie games
- Pokemon, wild trainers have are slightly diffrent
- gym rematches are now possible
- Rotom may now change forms
- Hatran is catchable
- Some random trainers now use seals when sending out their pokemon
- All new battle frontier
- A tag battle between you and your rival and flint and volkner will now happan at the battle frontier
- 59 more pokemon have been added to the regional dex
-kanto legendaries can now be found within the game
- Cynthia will now give the player togepi
- The hotel grand lake has been re-done
- The battle zone is now alot warmer, featuring palm trees
- several pokemon also have new forms see below pic:

Im not going to list all of the changes, but i just wanted to make my point that there is alot. Though although alot of them are small, it's stilla big step up from diamond and pearl. You can also get more fire pokemon in the game then you could before like houndoom

The distortion world was another thing I loved. It's a whole new level in the game that wasnt present before. While cyrus is creating another world. giratina will appear and make a portal to the distortion world, in which cyrus enters. You must follow him and go through this crazy maze until you get to the end where you defeat cyrus and catch giratina.

Im sorry if it feels like im jumping all over the place, but one bad thing about this game is the timing in which they released it. Diamond and pearl had already been out for two years, then this came out, i felt as if we were playing in sinnoh for two long. They should have released heart gold and soul silver first, but they probably didnt because of the anniversary stuff.

But to get to the point....

This game has a forumla that amazingly still works. You catch, battle, train, trade and be the best. Im not tired of it, and would buy any lame pokemon came nintendo came out with ( Yeah... I'm that dedicated)

The music/sound could have used some work, but thats probably because by the time this game came out I was tired of it.

This game still works...I give it a 8.8/10

Right now ima go back to playen heart gold version.

Please excuse any typos, id be happy to fix any

2--- Re: Pokemon platinum review on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:59 pm

tl;dr the new additions are great but i think the game is copy pasted alot the new frame rate and pokemons are welcome and also some new mecanics so i will give it a 7.

3--- Re: Pokemon platinum review on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm

lol cool!

4--- Re: Pokemon platinum review on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 pm

MasterKeyX

Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
I loved the reverse world. It was so cool. It had me going for hours because the mazes were like. Multi-dimensional.

I think it was better than D/P. The snow theme was cool.

5--- Re: Pokemon platinum review on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:40 am

im glad they changed those gyms to lol

6--- Re: Pokemon platinum review on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 am

yeah I liked it to!
Giratina looks a bit odd though but i love it

7--- Re: Pokemon platinum review on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 am

pumpkinpichu3222

i only liked it cause of chimchar

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum