The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1--- Re: on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 am

Because I run on a laptop with a touch pad. My processing power is crap, and I can't play games that require skill with a mouse worth anything. I don't feel like researching about what makes a better processor, I can't afford to buy a better rig (that will be obsolete in a few years).

2--- Re: on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Clover

Admin
Admin
Yeah, not everyone has a powerful enough computer to run certain games.

It depends on your play style preference as well. There is bad and good on both ends :3

http://www.sweetcharm.net

3--- Re: on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:25 pm

[Meap]Katniss~<3

Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend
I dun even have a PC. I have a Mac. True, I think the games are good, but there aren't many for Mac.

http://reione.forumotion.com/

4--- Re: on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Pokéfreak

Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero
Yeah.. You're type of person that shouldn't be allowed to talk about gaming. Y'know what jakman? Some of us don't give a crap and are either to cheap to buy a pc, or (In my case) I really could care less. I've played pc games before. Other than more control over aiming and the ability to cheat, it's not much better. "Live and let live"

Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Space, Mass Effect
Watching: Beauty and the Beast, Glee, Arrested Development, Whatever anime I can find
Reading: Max Broox's works, The Necromancer
Listening to: Blue October, Wilco, Elbow, Tripod

You can also check out what I'm doing at my twitter, here

5--- Re: on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

onigamer

Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer
pc gaming is fun but so many good games require paying monthly fees like wow however diablo 2 and arcanum were fun havent seen many good games since them though diablo 3 should come out within a year but console games are alot more fun in some cases in my opinion

6--- Re: on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Snuffleoffagus

Trainer
Trainer
The answer to this one is obvious- A good gaming computer costs much more than a console, and there isn't enough difference to merit the added price. Because of the added price, the average multiplayer gamer sticks to the Xbox and PS3, which is why you see more mainstream console exclusives than mainstream PC exclusives.

7--- Re: on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Jojo-Kunn

Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend
I have a laptop, and therefore I can't play the PC games which you may be able to play. Plus I feel that any PC game is harder to control. D:

I Won't Tell You That I Love You,
Kiss Or Hug You,
Cause I'm Bluffin' With My Muffin,
I'm Not Lying, I'm Just Stunnin' With My Love Glue Gunnin'.

8--- Re: on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:55 pm

hydrocannon

PC games are ok, but they require so much.
They require a good processor, alot of memory ,and so much more.
Console games are nice in that you can go on the internet and look up any of the FAQs at the same time, unlike PC games.
And of course PC games run the risk of freezing due to the computer or getting blue screens. If you have a bad computer, then you won't be able to play the games.
Plus, you can't get any kind of Wii games with motion on a PC.

9--- Re: on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:25 pm

billiethemancox

Team Rocket
Team Rocket
It all comes down to money, money, and more money with PC gaming..

https://www.facebook.com/billiethemancox

10--- Re: on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 pm

MasterKeyX

Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer
jakman wrote:I mean cmon, my rig eats consoles for breakfast. I wish there was more demand for pc gaming because it truly is one of the greatest experiences you can have when done right. Now die-hard pc fans get stuck with half-assed ports and first person shooter games that lack dedicated servers. How nice.

Well, you see, PC gaming is not really any better at all, actually. It's just different. The only reason any PC people think they're superior is because of some ridiculous "1337" mentality that is, honestly, a plague on this Earth.

Just because a PC has better specs doesn't mean it is superior. Get over it. PCs are not made for gaming specifically, but consoles are. As as result, console gaming is both more popular and efficient. Sorry, but controllers for consoles are eons more comfortable than the mouse and keyboard combo.

Console gaming is not only more convenient, but it is more easily accessible. Ever notice that PC games are rarely sold anywhere? Because PC gaming is too expensive. You need a working computer that runs on the high end technologically. Not all of us can afford such nonsense. PC gaming is also the worst for online experience. People on the PC are, from what I hear, generally rude and obnoxious with no regard for others who are newer at the game being played. All of these reasons, plus many others too numerous to list here, are why PC gaming is, in fact, both inferior and generally less fun.

11--- Re:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum